Support the Chintimini Wildlife Center
The Chintimini Wildlife Center (CWC) fills the need for professional, qualified medical care of injured and orphaned wild animals. Building this professional organization has been the remarkable accomplishment of a successful partnership between the dedicated volunteers who care for the animals and the private individuals and foundations who financially support our work.
CWC receive no funds from federal, state, county, or city agencies and depend on donations
, merchandise sales
, grants, and special-event fundraisers to pay for our daily operation.
Your financial support will ensure continued professional attention for the wild animals that need our care. You can support CWC with financial gifts of different forms:
All contributions to the Chintimini Wildlife Center, a 501(c)3 organization, are tax deductible as allowed by law. If you would like more information about opportunities for giving to CWC, please contact Sarah Spangler, Executive Director, email@example.com
Outright gifts may take the form of contributions of cash, appreciated securities, or other real or personnel property both tangible and intangible, such as real estate, jewelry, works of art, coins, stamps, contract rights, patents, etc. Among the advantages of making an outright gift are the following:
- You may claim an income tax deduction for the full market value of the gift.
- In most cases, making a gift of appreciated property will avoid your potential capital gains tax liability.
Mail donations to:
The Chintimini Wildlife Center
311 NW Lewisburg Avenue
Corvallis, OR 97330
A one-time online donation may be sent through PayPal by following this link
Become a sustaining supporter with a monthly gift today!
When you commit to a recurring donation, you provide secure and reliable funding for our work year-round.
Gifts of securities may be made in several ways.
- If the securities are held in certificate form, the stock certificates or other securities may be hand delivered unendorsed to CWC together with a separate, signed stock power and a letter indicating the purpose of the gift.
- If the securities are mailed, the unendorsed securities and the signed stock power should be sent by certified or registered mail in separate envelopes along with a letter indicating the purpose of the gift.
- If the securities are held in non-certificate form (for example, in "street name"), you can send your broker, bank, or other agent a letter of instruction, stating clearly that you are making a gift, identifying which securities you wish to give and when, and for what purpose. Instruct your agent to contact CWC's Executive Director as soon as possible and, in any event, prior to the sale of the securities. The Executive Director will then instruct your broker or agent about the sale or delivery of the securities. This procedure will help to ensure that you are able to claim a charitable contribution deduction for the full market value of the gift and that you will not be required to pay a tax on any capital gain of the securities.
- If you have securities that have declined in value, it is usually better to sell the securities and donate the proceeds of the sale to CWC. You may be able to use the capital loss to offset other realized capital gains.
Through life income gifts, Charitable Trusts, and Charitable Gift Annuities you can get an immediate income tax deduction, lifetime income for you and others, and eliminate or reduce your capital gains tax liability and estate taxes.
A gift to create an endowed fund establishes a permanent fund in which only the income is used. The principal stays intact forever. By contrast, with non-endowed funds both the principal and the income may be spent. Both endowed and non-endowed funds may be designated for any purpose appropriate to the Chintimini Wildlife Center, such as for the Education program
or for particular structures for housing animals, or for underwriting the operational costs of running the Center.
Gifts through life insurance, via assignment of no-longer needed policies or the purchase of a new one naming the Chintimini Wildlife Rehabilitation Center as owner and beneficiary, are welcomed.
A gift to the Chintimini Wildlife Center may be made in the name of, or in the memory of anyone you wish to honor. The gifts may be designated for any purpose, and may be used to create endowed or non-endowed funds. Each year such gifts are recognized in an annual Honor Roll of donors.
Gifts to the annual giving program are asked for each year. These gifts are the bread and butter of the financial support required to maintain and administer the Chintimini Wildlife Center. In 1999, the budget for the Center is slightly more than $95,000.
We invite contributions through Corporate Matching Gift Programs, whereby many corporations match the gifts of their employees to charitable organizations like the Chintimini Wildlife Center. And we constantly seek Challenge Grants, which present the opportunity for special fund-raising efforts to help with our work.
Many opportunities are available for supporters to give supplies, materials, and services to the center for the benefit of the animals in our care. Please take a look at our Wish List
of supplies and materials, and contact us to arrange for the donation.
for more info.