Main Office: 541-230-1220 | Wildlife Hotline: 541-745-5324
Wildlife Hospital very busy: please call hotline before bringing in an animal
Employment opportunities at Chintimini Wildlife Center are posted to this page as they become available. Applications and all related materials are submitted via an online application form.
Position Description: Development Manager
Schedule: This is a full-time position which follows a 40 hour/flexible work week, with a possibility of partial remote work. Typical hours are Monday-Friday during daytime hours, with some work required on evenings, holidays and weekends.
Compensation: Hourly compensation starting at $21/hr, negotiable DOE. We offer health insurance plus voluntary enrollment in supplemental benefits and Oregon Saves.
The Development Manager works closely with and reports to the Executive Director to establish, track progress toward, and ultimately achieve the organization’s long-term fundraising goals. Duties encompass all areas of fundraising including major gifts, planned giving, grant management, event planning, corporate sponsorships, and annual fund. In partnership with the Executive Director, this position also ensures that all external communication meets CWC brand guidelines, upholds our reputation in the community, and ultimately furthers the organization’s mission of protecting and celebrating Oregon’s native wildlife.
WHO WE ARE:
The mission of Chintimini Wildlife Center is to provide medical care and aid to the Willamette Valley’s injured, ill, or orphaned wildlife. In all cases, our goal is to return animals back to their wild spaces and to connect members of our community to the natural world around them. We envision a world where every person, regardless of background and circumstance, has access to opportunities to experience close encounters with wildlife and information that empowers them to become better stewards of the environment and the animals who share this space.
- Collaboratively develop and manage a yearly fundraising plan that includes major gifts, planned giving, fundraising events, and campaigns.
- Grant Management
- Cultivate relationships with local grantmakers including private foundations, community foundations, and other entities.
- Prepare grant proposals, reports and acknowledgments that support the goals and according to grantmaker requirements and CWC policy.
- Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Maintain constituent records using CRM (Salesforce) including documentation of contributions received, a record of correspondence, and tasks related to donor acquisition and/or stewardship.
- Research, identify and secure potential individuals, foundations, sponsorships and corporate donors to build a primary list of prospects and profiles for the organization, events and programs.
- Maintain donor database and records; responsible for data entry, reporting, reconciliation, and ensuring timely gift acknowledgements of contributions.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate effective fundraising campaigns and successful events.
- Create, manage, maintain, and grow CWC’s online presence through our website, blog, and social media accounts. Design and implement a thoughtful, engaging social media strategy focused on growing our network of supporters.
- Create and maintain a content calendar to support communications with various stakeholders, including social media, e-newsletter, and annual reports.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to design, promote, and sell merchandise including apparel, accessories, and other promotional items.
General Operational Support
- Provide administrative support for the administrative team, including drafting and producing acknowledgements and letters; coordinating email/mail communications; and creating and maintaining department files, calendars,and ongoing reports.
- Inventory and maintain fundraising/office supplies. Restock supplies or other items as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to ensure a positive public image, enhance the operation of the organization, and improve the quality of life for animals in the organization’s care.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, marketing, or a related area; Bachelor’s degree in animal science, biology, zoology, fisheries & wildlife science, or a related area
- Two or more years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and/or communications, ideally in a nonprofit organization
- Proven experience in grant writing and fundraising
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication & customer service skills
- Be punctual, detail-oriented, professional, and dependable
- Ability to foster teamwork, lead by example, approach problems in a solutions-oriented manner, and create a positive work environment through appropriate and timely communication
- Successful applicants will be required to pass a background check including motor vehicle records
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Graduate degree in business administration, finance, marketing, or a related area; or graduate degree in animal science, biology, zoology, fisheries & wildlife science, or a related area
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and/or communications, ideally in a nonprofit organization
- Training and/or certification in marketing/communications, fundraising (particularly donor stewardship, planned giving, and/or grant writing), and/or web development
- Familiarity or experience working in wildlife education and/or rehabilitation
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter & resume to:
Catherine Mendez, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; position is open until filled, with priority given to applications received by Monday, October 31st, 2022.
Application deadline: November 8th, 2022
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.